Where can I download the MetaTrader software?
To download the MetaTrader software, please click here and fill out the demo sign-up form. Once completed you will be prompted to download and install MetaTrader.
How do I insert chart indicators?
The steps are as follows:
- On the top Menu bar, select INSERT > INDICATORS.
- You can also navigate to the Navigator section and insert chart indicators from there.
How do I add my custom indicators onto my trading platform?
This file will have to be of the .mql format - meaning it has to end with .mql.
**For this example the indicator we want to add will be called test_indicator.mql.**
The steps are as follows:
- Save this file to the following folder, using 'Save As': C:\Program Files\Aura FX-MetaTrader4\experts\indicators\
- After saving, find the file test_indicator.mql in that folder. The symbol for a .mql file is a yellow diamond with an exclamation mark inside it.
- Next restart MetaTrader and find the new indicator in MetaTrader's Navigator to the left side, in the Custom Indicators folder.
- To add the indicator to a chart, simply select a chart, then double-click on the indicator in the Custom Indicators folder, select any non-default values you would like to have modified, then select OK.
How do I display a bar chart?
On the top Menu bar, select CHARTS > BAR CHART or use the keyboard shortcut (Alt+1).
Does the MetaTrader platform facilitate mini lot (10K) trading?
Yes you can trade mini lots (10K) using the MetaTrader platform.
Here is the scale that we use for trading lot sizes on MetaTrader:
0.01 lots = 1,000 units of base currency (or dollars) Our "micro" lot size.
0.10 lots = 10,000 units of base currency (or dollars) Our "mini" lot size.
1.00 lots = 100,000 units of base currency (or dollars) Our "standard" lot size.
**Please note that trading in lot sizes that are not shown in the scale above is possible. An example would be an open a lot position of 0.60 (60,000 units), an 8.00 lot position (800,000 units), and even a 3.20 lot position (320,000 units). Please email us with any scale questions:email@example.com
**Also, note that other brokers may use a different scale to trade certain size lots. For instance, another broker may show 1.00 lots on a mini account is 10,000 units
How do I change the time period on the MetaTrader charts
To add time periods to the main menu bar, select VIEW > TOOLBARS > PERIODICITY. (If needed) Use the following legend for applying time periods to charts:
- M1 = 1 minute chart
- M5 = 5 minute chart
- M15 = 15 minute chart
- M30 = 30 minute chart
- H1 = 1 hour chart
- H4 = 4 hour chart
- D1 = daily chart
- W1 = weekly chart
- MN = monthly chart
How do I see all the currency pairs that AURA FX (NZ) Ltd. offers
Within the Market Watch window, all of the currency pairs eligible to trade can be viewed by right-clicking within this section and selecting 'Show All'. All currency pairs will appear thereafter
I've downloaded the MetaTrader platform. How do I log into my live account and start trading
An email notification with a login name and password will be sent (i.e. Login: "60141" Password: "as4temp"). Download and install the platform. Open the login screen. Note that a screen may open that asks to open an account. "X" out of this screen.
- To login, go to FILE > LOGIN and type your login and password.
- The server field has a drop-down menu, select the following server: 'AURA FX (NZ) Ltd.-MT4 Live Server'.
- Listen for a DING sound (confirmation noise) and your account number will appear in the top left corner of the platform.
If you see prices moving in Market Watch and the correct balance in your Terminal section, you have successfully logged into your live account. If you are experiencing problems logging in, please contact us.